Friday, January 12, 2007

Credit where credit is due

Originally posted by Nadir at Reformed Leftist

My sometimes antagonistic buddy, Reformed Leftist Paul Hue, says that I never say good things when gas prices go down, so I'm about to correct that behavior.

I just topped off my tank for $1.95 per gallon at a Fusion station on Ford Road in Garden City, Michigan. I was at just over half a tank, so I didn't really need the gas. I just had to reward the owner for lowering the price below $2.00.

So I have to give credit where credit is due - to President George W. Bush. His policies have helped screw the environment up, and global warming is causing unseasonably mild temperatures and lowered oil prices. There is a temporary silver lining that I must recognize. The fact that we are hastening the coming ice age (2012?) isn't a problem for me today.

Of course, his "New Way Forward" will destabilize the Middle East, and oil prices will rise before the winter is out, but for now I'll extend a single digit on my left hand to the president.

What? That's not my thumb?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home